EBF was founded in 2006 at the initiative of 12 pharmaceutical companies, all of them having bioanalytical lab activities in Europe. The goal of bringing these companies together was to implement a platform for discussions of science, day-to-day procedures, business tools, technologies and last but not least regulatory issues. Until 2010, EBF membership was limited to companies involved in bioanalytical activities in a pharmaceutical research and development environment in Europe. From 2011 onwards, the EBF welcomed CROs involved in bioanalytical activities in a pharmaceutical research and development environment in Europe. Currently, the EBF counts 51 members (October 2015). Since 2010, the EBF became a non-profit organisation (vzw) established pursuant to the Belgian Act of 27 June 1921 on non-profit associations, international non-profit associations and foundations. Currently, the EBF counts 64 member companies.
- Our mission is to share, discuss, optimize and seek alignment on a broad array of bioanalytical topics including science, procedures, business tools and technology, and regulatory issues.
- Internal discussions within EBF aim to recommend or influence opinions/procedures towards our members, business partners, regulatory bodies and any other stakeholders.
- Going forward, EBF is providing guidance and recommendations to the European and Global bioanalytical community
- Finally, provide development opportunities for EU based scientist by joining cross company collaborations and contributions to peer reviewed journals, international meetings and symposia
EBF organises 4 conference each year. For more information go to http://www.e-b-f.eu/conferences/
- Open Symposium
- Spring Focus Worskhop
- Autumn Focus Workshop
- Young Scientist Symposium: Since 2014, the EBF organizes a YSS. In line with our mission, the format was developed to create a development opportunity for young scientists to engage in international discussions. Creating a peer community of young scientists, and connecting to academia has been a proven recipe to lower the threshold for engagement in this community of young talents. In the future they will be mostly organized in March.